Orlando popularly known as the Theme Park Capital of the World is abuzz with new theme park expansions and a lot more happenings for travellers.
“Orlando is always innovating, with immersive new experiences and unbeatable hospitality that keeps visitors returning year after year,” said George Aguel, President and CEO, Visit Orlando. “It’s this memorable combination that keeps Orlando the most-visited destination in the country, with a record 75 million visitors in 2018.”
New Theme Park Expansions
• At Universal Orlando Resort, Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure coaster opens on June 13. This ride, described as Universal’s most highly-themed coaster to date, takes guests deep into the Forbidden Forest, to check out the various fantastic beasts that call the woods home.
• Walt Disney World Resort opens Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge on August 29. Set on the planet Batuu, the new land features two thrilling galactic rides, immersive shops, a restaurant and a character meet-and-greet spot.
• Walt Disney World Resort brings baller excitement to Disney Springs on August 12 with the opening of the NBA Experience, offering 13 hands-on games and activities for basketball fans in a one-of-a-kind attraction.
• Wild Florida is set to open an all-new 75-acre safari park, an expansion that will result in the park growing six-fold. Guests will have the option to drive their own vehicles or ride on a guided buggy tour. Over 100 animals native to Florida will be on this land, along with a zip-line that lets visitors fly over the park.
• Aquatica Orlando’s new attraction KareKare Curl debuted April 12. This new slide is styled after a curve-shaped wave and welcomes two riders at a time, climbing the vertical wave wall for a high-adrenaline, weightless adventure.